Environmental protection in the mining industry is primarily regulated by the Law on Mining as a separate law. However, this law does not regulate environmental protection in detail, but rather for the most part refers to the application of the Law on Environmental Protection.
· Serbia is the 18th largest producer of coal in the world with mining deposits located in Kolubara and Kostolac basins. It is also the 23rd largest producer of copper which is dominated by RTB Bor Mining Company. Gold extraction mines are located in eastern Serbia in areas such as Bor, Raska, Majdanpek, Negotin, Zajecar, Medvedja.
The mining industry in Serbia has an important place in the country''s economic development. Bearing in mind that the number of injuries that occur in the mining industry is unacceptably high, occupational safety and health is a challenge that existing and future mines will have to deal with.
At KPMG, our integrated global network of mining specialists is focussed on the practical day-to-day challenges of your business. These include areas such as capital allocation, cost reduction, corporate structures and geographical diversification and divestment. We are deeply experienced in the industry and are knowledgeable of local laws ...
The Serbian government has chosen the Chinese Zijin Mining Group as its strategic partner for the copper mining and smelting complex, RTB Bor. On 31 August 2018, Chinese mining company Zijin Mining took over 63% of shares of the company, in a $1.26 billion deal with the Government of Serbia…
· For public enterprise Electric Power Industry of Serbia – EPS, the mining sector represents one of the most important business segments and the backbone of electricity production. The announcement of new investments in electricity and mines provides an incentive for EPS to accelerate previously launched projects and launch as many new ones as possible soon. […]
· Despite ongoing challenges in specific regions or with specific commodities, the mining industry is well-positioned to play a significant role in fueling local and regional economic recoveries from Covid-19. Successful mining companies are using this turbulent period
· Embassy of Canada to Serbia hosted seminar on role of responsible business conduct in Serbian mining industry''s future T he Embassy of Canada to Serbia has organized the seminar "Trilateral dialogue on responsible business conduct in mining – experience from Canada" on January 21st, with the goal of strengthening a responsible approach in the development of mining projects.
The 10th International Conference on Mineral Resources in the Republic of Serbia will address all important issues of the Mining Sectorand will focus on the significant contribution of the Mineral Resources to the development of the Serbian economy and Region features presentations from the most senior members of the local, regional and world''s business community and government officials …
Search Metals & Mining Companies in Serbia Lead Generation and Sales Prospecting Made Easy ZoomInfo is the premier lead generation company. Gain access to the best database of targeted leads from Metals & Mining companies in Serbia. Search for contacts
· Case study: Implementation of ISO 14001 results in reduction in waste disposal and energy. An assessment of two major gold mining companies in Ghana illustrates what you can gain by monitoring your environmental performance. Reported in 2013 and covering 4-7 years of environmental data from before and after, this assessment for ISO 14001 ...
· British mining company Mineco is preparing to open its fourth lead-zinc mine in Serbia. The Croydon-based metals company announced their intention to open another mine back in January, with the plan to begin construction of a lead, zinc and copper mine for "sometime in Q3 2020." The mine is located in Raska, in southwestern Serbia.
Public enterprise "Electric power industry of Serbia" and Mine Basin "Kolubara" in Lazarevac adopted the action plan for mitigation and monitoring of environmental impact during implementation of the project of pumping out water and silt at the open mine Tamnava, west field.
principles of environmental protection in Serbia. This law will be applied whenever the matter of environmental protection is not regulated by a separate law for a specific field regulated by such law. Environmental protection in the mining industry is primarily
For the considered region, the largest industrial activity located in the Bor region includes the Bor mining area, which is one of the important copper producing mining areas in Serbia. Mine drainage water and wastewater from mining development can affect the natural and human environments around the mining area [1,2,3].
· Zijin Mining Group has obtained the permit to start mining activities at the Cukaru Peki Copper and Gold mine which is part of the Timok Project. The mine is expected to start production in forth quarter of 2021, Upon starting production of the mine Serbia …
· The Mining basin Kolubara is of strategic importance for Serbia, given that almost half of electricity production depends on the coal mined from this basin. However, Insajder''s investigation published in 2011 shows that the lack of adequate control in the basin led to pumping money out from the mining complex and transferring it to private companies.